Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Intramural Basketball...

So being back in school comes with the perks of being back on meal plans, having a gym at your disposal, and of course, intramural leagues!!!

I forgot how much I missed organized team sports! I also realized how out of shape I am trying to run with these young guys!! haha

But in any case, being at Moody adds an interesting spin to competition because everyone is so respectful and well-mannered. This was a little bit hard to get used to being from PHILLY and being a prolific trash talker myself! haha I mean these guys are the most encouraging bunch of guys I've ever met on the court. They cheer for everything, I mean everything. And even if you cost the team the loss, they give madd love on you anyways...not that I was ever THAT guy...

To be honest, its still weird not being able to be talk some dirrrty talk but at the same time its definitely a blessing to be here and get to play in intramural leagues.

We lost our basketball playoff game tonight 23 - 19. It was a well fought battle and everyone played hard. If my old self came out I would have been in the REF's faces for calling such a horrible game...But I won't complain!!

I guess I just have put that past me and look forward to crushing homers in our upcoming co-ed softball league!!

College...its just soo much fun!!

2 comments: