Monday, March 30, 2009

Anger Management...

This one goes out especially to ANGRY DANIEL!!! hahahahaha

So in class my professor was lecturing on the biblical principles of anger and anger management.
I'm not gonna go into too much detail with regards to what he shared but...

Its probably safe to assume that everyone that is reading this blog, at one point, struggled with some sort of instance that resulted in you acting out in ANGER.

Needless to say, I'm sure it wasn't a pretty sight, and moreover, I'm sure it wasn't your most proudest moment, right?

Well I took away from the class three really insightful questions we can ask ourselves when anger seems to be peaking its ugly head out...I pray that the contemplation of these questions will result in more reconciled and peace-filled relationships!!

1) Is it worth it? - This question alone should dispell your intention to react because most of the time its probably not worth the fight.

2) Why not rather be wrong? - In my experience, often times anger spurs out of the desire to prove your own point or to be right...or not to lose.

3) Is this incident out of God's control? - Lastly, this one just explains that whatever the situation may be, its not to the point where you have to take matters into your own hands...God's got it under control.

I found these three questions really penetrating my heart as I placed myself back in a situation where I lashed out in anger. Had I known these questions then, I think it would have made a huge difference in how I chose to react...

Hope this helps you~ Have an amazing day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment