Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"Simplifying Life"

It's amazing when one actually begins to blog, just how many things happen in a single day. As I sit here to write about the day or thoughts or ramblings that have flowed through my mind, I am at a loss because I am having difficulty re-tracing my steps of events that have happened only hours ago. 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365 days in a year...man, that's a lot of time!


I was always one who was fascinated with statistics that show what happens every second, minute, hour, and day in this world. To think that millions of babies are being born, billions of pounds of food are consumed, and not to mention a ridiculous amount of hours spent watching T.V. So much is happening yet I wonder what I'm doing in contribution to all that is going on?


And of course its a given that a lot of the things that happen in the life of a person are certainly trivial and not important to make detailed note of, but I wonder if we were all better able to chronicle our day to day lives, just how much insight we can gain in retrospect looking back on all that has happened and all that we've considered important enough to share?


With all that said, I am beginning to understand that sometimes even the simplest of observations may carry a profound foresight into why we've become who we are...


Makes me look forward to when I am old and gray, to see what was once important in my life.

I bet I'll probably laugh aloud at how complicated I seemed to make things when life is best enjoyed in its simplicity...


On that note...


"Simplifying Life" seems to be a good theme to label this juncture in life now. Living what was once a hectic life of hustle and bustle, doing this and then doing that, I've succumbed to the life of relative peace that is of a student. I say relative, because once the term nears its end, this seemingly tranquil environment will turn into a viscous frenzy of students pulling all-nighters, taking final exams, writing papers, and giving presentations!


Just the thought of it gives me chills down my spine. I'm definitely lacking confidence and doubting whether or not I still have what it takes to come out on top, but I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there, and then meet you all here to tell you how it went!


In any case, I don't think that life was intended to be complicated. In fact, I know that I have made some ill-fated decisions that have only attributed to complicating my life in great measures and I believe I am still feeling the repercussions of some the mistakes of my youth even now.


But when I was younger I wasn't thinking about the future as much as I am now! I didn't think that my actions then could possibly affect me as much years later in my life. It was all about "Carpe Diem" "Life is short, play hard!" "You've only got one life to live" and things like that! You know what I mean?


Now I find myself regretting the fact that I didn't finish school when I was supposed to, or at least developed a better eating habit and a healthier lifestyle so that I am not struggling with weight issues, or have maintained a savings account so that if and when God introduces me to my wife I wouldn't come to her broke.


Well they say you shouldn't cry over spilled milk, but its an amazing thing when you realize that a small sacrifice now, completely benefits the outcome of your life later.


I suppose I am grateful for the revelation now in my life and so as they say, its always better late than never. But I will bid you all adieu from today's ramblings as I sit in wonderment of what life would have been like had I chosen alternate routes.


I guess that's why I've always loved the "choose your own adventure" books when I was a kid. If I didn't like the ending that I chose, I could have simply gone back and gone the other way...


hahahaha~ It's funny how not much has changed in all these years!

1 comment:

  1. ohh me tooO!! i would just go back and think what if i chose this route instead!! haha too much whatif's in my life...

    but good job danny on realizing what u did~ ^^ keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete